CAPUTO CHEF’S FLOUR TIPO 00
Cook Time: 10-14 Minutes
2 Cups of Caputo Chefs Flour
1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 Tablespoon Granulated Sugar
6 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, Cold
3/4 Cup, Plus 1 Tablespoon Heavy Cream
1. Preheat your oven to 400°
2. Cut the cold butter into small cubes and return them to the refrigerator.
3. In a medium bowl, blend the dry ingredients using a whisk.
4. Add the butter to the dry ingredients and blend using a pastry cutter (you can use a fork or cheese grater if you don’t have a pastry cutter).
5. When the butter is no longer visible and fully coated with dry ingredients add the heavy cream.
6. Blend the heavy cream using a rubber spatula until combined. Do not over mix.
7. Turn your dough onto a floured cutting board and gently fold for 2-3 turns. Do not overwork your dough.
8. Gently roll your dough and use your desired cutter size to cut biscuits. Make those cuts close together and and the dough can be brought back together to cut additional biscuits. Be careful not to overwork your dough.
9. Transfer the cut biscuits to a baking sheet with either parchment paper or a silpat mat and gently brush the biscuits with the remianing heavy cream.
10. Bake at 400° for 10-14 minutes (depending on your cutter size) until slightly browned.
11. Transfer to a cooling rack and ENJOY!